The Thank You Darlin’ Foundation’s mission is to promote youth literacy through the arts specifically reading, writing, creating, and performing various forms of poetry. In addition to strengthening literacy skills, arts-based education fosters creativity, critical thinking, cultural awareness, and compassion among young people. Volunteers are crucial in helping our organization achieve its goals and positively impact youth and the community.
We provide various volunteer opportunities, including:
- Tutoring or mentoring students in literacy and creative arts programs.
- Assisting with performance events and workshops.
- Fundraising and grant writing support.
- Serving on our Board of Directors.
- Administrative tasks such as marketing, social media management, or website maintenance.
Benefits of Volunteering: You gain personal and professional benefits by volunteering with our organization, such as:
- Opportunities to make a difference in the lives of young people and contribute to their personal and educational success.
- Skill development and hands-on experience in education, arts programming, event planning, or nonprofit management.
- Networking and building connections within the local community and the broader education and arts sectors.
Volunteer Requirements: Commitment to our organization’s mission and values is an expectation for all volunteers. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply, as our organization values inclusivity and diversity in its volunteer team.
- Minimum Age Requirement: 18
- Background Check: Due to our work with youth and depending on your volunteer role, a background check may be required to ensure the safety and security of our program participants.
- Training or Orientation: Volunteers may be required to attend training sessions or orientations to familiarize themselves with the organization’s mission, policies, procedures, and specific volunteer roles.
- Reliability and Punctuality: Commitments and responsibilities consistently and punctually is essential for maintaining the smooth operation of programs and services.
- Communication Skills: Clear and effective communication skills are important for volunteers to interact respectfully and professionally with staff, clients, and other stakeholders.