Inspiring the Creative Minds of Children
There are few things in life that are as fulfilling as watching a child’s face light up with new knowledge. As a TYD Foundation Teaching Artist you are given the opportunity to do just that.
At TYD Foundation, teaching artists are responsible for developing and executing lesson plans and activities that meet the objectives of our Voice2Youth™ poetry and literacy program. Our award-winning program is designed to strengthen students’ creative thinking, reading, writing, and public speaking skills.
Education and General Requirements:
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Possess two years of college in education or theatre or experience teaching K-12 students.
- Know poetic techniques like rhyme, rhythm, simile, alliteration, and metaphor.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have computer and technology skills, e.g., accessing email and using virtual platforms and presentation software like PowerPoint or Google slides.
- Must be able to pass a background check or drug test at any time.
- Must have reliable transportation and liability insurance relevant to carrying out duties.
- Special consideration will be given to teachers, teacher aides, retired teachers, graduate students, and bilingual applicants.
Are you ready to make a difference in children’s lives? See if you qualify to be a Teaching Artist for this engaging organization – Click here: NOW HIRING!